Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cloudy Skies



Lately is seems like my skies, once filled with beautiful white puffy clouds (you know the ones that make you want to lie on your and daydream) have been scattered with dark and gloomy ones. The clouds that sit idly by until you get out of the store and then dumps buckets of rain on you. My gloomy clouds are caused by things out of my control, but things I have to deal with. For lack of a better cliche`, I've just been weathering the storm, hoping it would pass. Feeling discouraged and stressed as most of us do when we are weathering the storm, I vented to a friend who later that evening shared this wonderful quote with me.


Don't let one cloud obliterate the whole sky

~Anais Nin


The very poignant words of Anais Nin almost instantly brought it all into perspective for me. I have a sky full of the white puffy clouds and I was letting this one pesky grey one ruin my outlook on things. It's still a beautiful sky, perfect for daydreaming, but I wasn't allowing myself to see that.


As reactive humans, I believe we tend to turn even the smallest grey cloud into the largest gloom and doom thunderstorm we've ever experienced. There's a lot we should be thankful for during this unsettling and unstable time. Although it may seem like there is one white puffy cloud in a sky of thunderheads, in the grand scheme of things it could be much worse. So I'm going to embrace my cloudy skies, whether they are filled with white puffy daydreaming clouds or the unpredictable gloom and doom ones.

XOXO

Me




1 comments:

Mr. Bob said...

Gray colored clouds in the sky, but only for a moment, the clean crisp wind, like a comforting hand, cause the clouds to blow away as they always do. I've never seen a cloud last for more than just a moment. Trials become triumphs, concerns become conquests, our tears become our jewels set before the King! I Love You so much my littl bug. Always remember, no matter what happens in this life, YOUR Daddy loves you!
Dad